Population Association of America Co-sponsors March for Science April 22
PAA has signed on as an official partner of the March of Science, which “champions robustly funded and publicly communicated science as a pillar of human freedom and prosperity.” The non-partisan core principles of the March for Science movement include:
- Science that serves the common good
- Evidence-based policy and regulations in the public interest
- Cutting-edge science education
- Diversity and inclusion in STEM
- Open, honest science and inclusive public outreach
- Funding for scientific research and its applications, not limited to a few fields or specific demographics; scientific support must be inclusive of diverse disciplines and communities.
The Consortium for Social Science Associations (COSSA)—of which PAA is a member—has set up an MFS resource page with information and links to several coalition partner events around the Washington March. The day kicks off with teach-ins beginning at 9 am; a program featuring numerous speakers from 10 am-2 pm, and the March beginning at 2 pm. Follow the PAA Facebook page for updates on meeting up with your fellow PAA members. Event organizers encourage all participants to use the hashtag #ScienceServes to connect your presence and highlight your stories. The main March for Science Page can be found here.