The FCSM conferences offer a rare opportunity for statistical agency professionals and their academic and private sector collaborators to share innovative thinking, methodological advances, and statistical policy implications of their work. About half of the sessions for the March 2018 FCSM conference will highlight statistical policy and technical research papers in the following priority areas • Data quality in integration of multiple sources (administrative and commercial records as well as surveys) • Federal, state, private and academic research data centers and data clearinghouses • Public access and open data • Disclosure limitation • Measurement and reduction of respondent burden • Access, management and statistical analysis of State and Federal program data • Policy analysis • Human resources and skill development. The other 20 sessions will address any of a large number of statistical issues specified in the Call for Proposals. Click here to view the Call for Papers and submit an abstract by August 29.
The International Institute of Forecasters (IIF) will be hosting their annual conference in Boulder, USA in June 2018. The International Symposium on Forecasting attracts the world’s leading forecasting researchers, practitioners, and students. The IIF produces this annual event, which is recognized for consistently presenting important forecasting research by highly respected experts.
The International Symposium on Forecasting (ISF) is the premier forecasting conference, attracting the world’s leading forecasting researchers, practitioners, and students. Through a combination of keynote speaker presentations, academic sessions, workshops, and social programs, the ISF provides many excellent opportunities for networking, learning, and fun.
Diana Coyle, University of Manchester
Paul Goodwin, University of Bath
David Hendry, Oxford University
David Orrell, Writer and Mathematician
John Silvia, Wells Fargo
Invited Session Proposals: January 31, 2018
Abstract Submissions: March 1, 2018
Early Registration Ends: March 31, 2018
We are delighted to invite you to the 4th Asian Population Association Conference which will be held in Shanghai, China, 11-14 July 2018. The conference will be hosted by Shanghai University. Submissions should be made to one of the conference themes, which will be developed into a series of sessions by the scientific committee of the conference.
1. Fertility, fecundity, sexuality and reproductive health, and reproductive rights
2. Mortality, morbidity, epidemiology, and causes of death
3. Migration (internal and international, including refugees), mobility and urbanisation
4. Marriage, divorce, cohabitation, family, and kinship
5. Demographic theory, data coverage and quality, and methods (including demographic training)
6. Gender, youth, and population ageing
7. Population, economics, environment, climate change, and sustainable development
8. Others (education, religion, wellbeing and happiness, disability, etc.)
9. Chinese special sessions (submission in Chinese and presentation in Chinese)