Census Administrator for New DFW Research Data Center; Position Expected to Open January 2018
The Dallas-Fort Worth Federal Statistical Research Data Center (FSRDC) seeks an Administrator with a research background. The FSRDC will be located inside the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in Dallas, Texas, and is scheduled to open mid-2018 (www.census.gov/about/adrm/fsrdc/locations/dfw.html). The new DFW FSRDC will provide a secure environment where qualified researchers conduct approved statistical research using restricted micro-level data collected by the Census Bureau, the National Center for Health Statistics, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, among others. The FSRDC administrator will be a G-12 level Survey Statistician and a full-time employee of the U.S. Census Bureau. The main responsibilities of the DFW FSRDC Administrator include:
- Assisting researchers from many disciplines, including economics, geography, health policy, sociology, demography, and statistics to develop successful proposals and conduct research at the FSRDC;
- Overseeing the daily operation of the FSRDC lab;
- Serving as a liaison between the Census Bureau and the DFW FSRDC;
- Assisting the Executive Director in marketing the center to the research community; and
- Other administrative tasks.
The Administrator may also have an active research agenda. The ideal candidate would have a Ph.D. in economics or other social science field and experience working on demographic, economic, business or administrative data along with a background using statistical methods. Strong organizational skills are essential.
This position is expected to start March 15, 2018, in advance of the FSRDC’s opening. U.S. citizenship is required. The U.S. Census Bureau is an equal opportunity employer. The DFW FSRDC is doing informal recruiting in anticipation of a formal posting of the position by the Census Bureau in January 2018, at www.usajobs.gov. Please email inquiries to Wenhua Di, Executive Director of the DFW FSRDC, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include CV and writing sample.