Postdoctoral position at Yale School of Public Health
A postdoctoral position is available in Forrest W. Crawford’s group in the Department of Biostatistics at the Yale School of Public Health.
The successful candidate will work with Professor Crawford and colleagues on demography and population size estimation for hidden and hard-to-reach groups. In particular, we are interested in developing tools for rigorous epidemiology, demography, and public health research on stigmatized, criminalized, and otherwise hard-to-reach populations.
The position comes with substantial freedom to choose research projects, work in the US and internationally, and design and implement new sampling methods and surveys.
There is funding to run pilot studies and experiments.
Qualifications and skills:
- PhD in demography/population science, statistics, biostatistics, economics, sociology, epidemiology, or related quantitative discipline.
- Expertise in probability, sampling, statistics.
- Programming skills (e.g. R, Python, C/C++, Julia) and familiarity with scientific computing workflows (e.g. git, Unix/Linux, TeX/LaTeX).
- Experience with survey design, fieldwork, administrative data a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter explaining your qualifications and interests, along with a current CV and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For further information about our school, please visit http://publichealth.yale.edu
Yale University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.