Founded in 1931, PAA membership has increased from 1,300 in 1965 to nearly 3,000 today, reflecting the growing interest in the population field.
2013 Membership Categories
New and renewing members who select online access to Demography will have their membership fee reduced by $15 (the cost of the print version of the journal that PAA would otherwise incur). The discount applies to member categories eligible for the print version of the journal: regular, emeritus, student and corporate members.
The discounted annual membership rates are $103 for regular members, $62 for emeritus, $32 for students and $306 for corporate members. The multi-year membership rate with online access is $103 for the first year and $98 for subsequent years. Renewing members can opt out of the print version by notifying Lois Brown, Member Services Department at (301) 565-6710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before completing their membership renewal.
For details, see the membership application.
- Regular — $118; Two year special regular member rate – $231
- Joint Member — $55
- Student — $47
- Emeritus — $77
- Citizen and Resident of Low-income Country — $39
- Corporate Member — $321
- IUSSP Members qualify for 25% discount for the first year only
Don’t wait, join now and share in a unique opportunity for professional growth and interaction with colleagues.
Membership in PAA offers these exclusive benefits:
PAA publications keep members informed about important issues in the scientific study of the population.
- Demography — A quarterly scientific journal which includes research conducted in several disciplines including the social sciences, geography, history, biology, statistics, business, epidemiology and public health. Demography is now published online through SpringerLink. Members have a choice of print and online access or online only access. PAA members also have free online access to two Springer books, Navigating Time and Space in Population Studies, by Myron Gutmann et al and Understanding Family Change and Variation, by J.A. Johnson-Hanks et al, and two journals Population Research and Policy Review, and European Journal of Population.
- PAA Affairs — The official on-line newsletter, reporting the activities of the Association, events of professional interest and employment opportunities.
- Applied Demography Group — A newsletter published by the PAA Committee on Applied Demography containing articles of interest to state, local and business demographers. Subscriptions are available for a nominal fee.
The PAA Annual Meeting provides an opportunity for the presentation of scientific papers to a peer audience. Other activities include workshops, roundtable discussions, an exhibition of population related publications, software, products and services.
Directory of Members
PAA Members have access to the on-line Directory of Members, a searchable database containing names, institutional affiliation, contact information, and area of specialization.
Members are encouraged to become active in one of the PAA committees involved with the Annual Meeting, publications, membership, finance, awards, population statistics, international outreach or applied demography.