The PAA Program Committee invites submissions from individuals or groups to conduct workshops in conjunction with the PAA 2022 Annual Meeting. Workshops topics could include (but not limited to): statistical methods, data set usage, data visualization, research communication, and professional development. Workshop proposals that include a variety of instructional approaches and materials are strongly encouraged.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Proposed title and organizers (names, affiliations, emails) Please identify one person as the primary contact person.
- Description of workshop objectives, goals, and expected outcomes.
- Statement on how the workshop can benefit PAA 2022 attendees.
- Description of target audience and estimated number of participants (minimum and maximum).
- Preferred workshop day(s) to be held: Tuesday, April 5, Wednesday, April 6, or Saturday, April 9.
- Proposed workshop duration (1/2 day, 1 day, 1.5 day, 2 day), format, activities, and schedule.
- Whether or not you'd be willing to convert to an online workshop if necessary.
- A/V needs beyond what is provided (see below).
- Short biographical sketches of presenters. Please include a link to a current CV.
Deadlines & Requirements
- Workshop proposals are due October 8, 2021.
- Workshop proposals should be submitted in PDF format.
- Workshop proposals should be emailed to Bobbie Westmoreland.
- Accepted workshops will be notified by November 1, 2021.
- Descriptions of approved workshops are due by November 21, 2021.
Benefits for Workshop Organizers/ Presenters
- Free meeting room including wi-fi, laptop, projector, screen, and power strips throughout the room.
- Workshop information will be posted on PAA web and social media channels.
- PAA will manage the workshop registration process.
- PAA will cover one room night for up to two presenters at the host or overflow PAA hotel. Two nights maybe available for workshops that are two days in duration.
- Complimentary registration for up to two presenters.
Please note, that attendees are charged a fee to attend PAA workshops to cover the cost of hosting the event.
If you have any questions, please contact Bobbie Westmoreland.