The Demography editor welcomes submissions that contribute to the scientific literature in population studies and that are of general interest to demographers. Since its founding in 1964, Demography has mirrored the vitality, diversity, high intellectual standards, and wide impact of the field on which it reports.
Demography presents the highest quality original research of scholars in a broad range of disciplines, including anthropology, biology, economics, epidemiology, geography, history, psychology, public health, sociology, and statistics. The journal encompasses a wide variety of methodological approaches to population research and publishes articles addressing demographic matters from around the globe. Its temporal scope is broad, with research exploring demographic phenomena from past to present and reaching toward the future.
Published bimonthly, Demography
is the flagship journal of the Population Association of America, reaching the membership of the largest professional demographic associations in the world.
- Most cited journal in the field (source: ISI)
- Number one journal in demography
- Official journal of the Population Association of America
- Characterized by the highest methodological standards for population-based research
- Sara R. Curran, University of Washington
- One-year impact factor: 3.080 (2019)
- Five-year impact factor: 3.896 (2019)
- Acceptance rate: 12.3% (2019), 12.6% (2018), 12.5% (2017)
- Median review time (in weeks): 19 (2019), 36 (2018), 53 (2017)
- Downloads: 431,316 (2019)