2021 Summer Seminar on Population comprises four workshops and is designed to foster each participant’s capacity on population statistics by serving as a valuable forum for individuals and institutions.
Considering the COVID-19 situation, this year's program will be conducted (1) online with English lectures for both international/domestic participants and (2) offline with Korean lectures for domestic participants only.
The KOSTAT-UNFPA Summer Seminar on Population has been serving as a forum for individuals and institutions concerning population-related issues in the Asia-Pacific. Four independent and consecutive workshops will focus on “R in Demography”, “Migration Estimation and Visualization”, “Panel Data Analysis and Event History Analysis”, and “Analyzing Demographic Data Using GIS”.
These workshops are expected to provide an opportunity for experts on demography and government officials in charge of population censuses and statistics around the world to promote new methods for producing and analyzing population statistics and demography.
Participants are encouraged to select one or more workshops among the four options.Application Requirements
- Training and experience in a field relevant to the topic of the workshop(s)
- Fluency in English (for Workshop 1, 2) or Korean (for Workshop 3, 4)
- Real time online access via participants’ own electronic devices (for Workshop 1, 2)
: Free of charge, will be supported by KOSTAT
- Responsible for own electronic devices (for online workshops)
- Responsible for own meals and lodging (for offline workshops)
* Limited funding (lodging) for full-time graduate students is available
(for offline workshops only for students residing in Korea)
Size of class: Around 30 people (for each workshop)
Registration : Online
Cancellation is available only by July 16, 2021
Inquiry: Summer Seminar on Population Secretariat