The Association of Population Centers (APC) and PAA work together to educate policymakers about population research outcomes and the federal agencies that support population, or demographic, research. These objectives are achieved through the work of the APC/PAA Government and Public Affairs Committee (GPAC).
Through the director and deputy director of Government and Public Affairs, GPAC accomplishes this mission by:
- Participating in Coalitions;
- Organizing briefings and meetings with policymakers;
- Developing briefing materials and communications for policymakers and staffs;
- Participating in bi-weekly Committee phone calls;
- Reporting bi-annually to the PAA board and APC members;
- Writing public affairs updates for the organizations’ newsletters and home pages.